Tuesday, July 9, 2019

161. Signing off…..! 8 July 2019

So, that concludes my Masters year; and what a year it has been! It has been a great privilege to serve the Company and the Mistress and I have enjoyed every moment. We have been given access to some amazing places and witnessed some very special moments. We have also met some incredible people, many of whom will remain friends for life. The fellowship and support shown by members of every Livery Company we have had the pleasure to work alongside has been very much appreciated and I hope we have done the same in return.

I hope you have enjoyed reading about what we have been doing in my Blog. It has been a joy to write them and they will serve as a good reminder of the busy times we have had this last year.

I would like to thank all those in the Worshipful Company of Water Conservators (too many to mention here) for their unstinting support to Wendy and I and for the effort they have put in for the Company. We are in a strong position right now and our standing in the City and the wider water, waste and environmental sectors is good and we are well respected. It has been a great team effort and as I hand over to the next Master and his Wardens, I know they will take the Company to even greater things. I look forward to being able to play my own small part going forward.

Thank you all and my final toast would be to the Company itself; Root and Branch may it Flourish Forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment